Vocal: Hercules (Roger Bart)Music: Alan MenkenLyrics: David Zippel
"Go the Distance" is a song from the 1997 Disney animated feature Hercules. It was performed by Roger Bart in the film and by Michael Bolton in the end credits. In the Spanish version, the song is performed by Hercules voicer Ricky Martin, both in the movie and in the credits. Turkish version "Yolumdayım" is translated by Işın Karaca and performed by Tarrkan.
The song was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Song and the Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song. Both awards, however, went to "My Heart Will Go On", a Celine Dion song from the film, Titanic. "Go the Distance" peaked at #24 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and went to #1 on the Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks chart, Bolton's ninth song to top this chart.
Watch + Listen Youtube
I have often dreamed
Of a far-off place
Where a great warm welcome
Will be waiting for me
Where the crowds will cheer
When they see my face
And a voice keeps saying
This is where I'm meant to be
I will find my way
I can go the distance
I'll be there someday
If I can be strong
I know ev'ry mild
Will be worth my while
I would go most anywhere to feel like
I belong
I am on my way
I can go the distance
I don't care how far
Somehow I'll be strong
I know ev'ry mile
Will be worth my while
I would go most anywhereto find where I belong
No comments:
Post a Comment